The experiences our students have at UW-Eau Claire are directly related to the experiences they have with our faculty and staff. That's why we seek out the best candidates in the fields of nursing and health sciences –our students' success depends on it. Join a team of passionate professionals in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences and be a part of creating successful students.
Current Employment Opportunities
Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
The Department of Nursing is recruiting for Tenure-track (probationary or tenured) faculty positions, available at all ranks. Appointments are nine months with possibilities for summer appointments. Faculty are needed to teach in the CCNE accredited BSN, BSN Completion, MSN and DNP programs. Interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship opportunities are readily available and supported at this university. Engaged teams of
students and faculty conduct research through the university student-faculty collaborative research grants program. Collaborative community exchanges, cultural immersion programs
and global awareness initiatives are well-established at the university and
new, innovative partnerships are supported through the university strategic
plan and community agencies. Faculty and staff at the University foster
student-centered learning, leadership skill development, and a strong shared
governance model. There are excellent opportunities for research, leadership,
clinical and professional development.
Needed Areas of Faculty Expertise
for Eau Claire site [Job ID 13414]
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (certified) with eligibility for prescriptive authority in Wisconsin (priority)
- ADULT-GERONTOLOGY or GERONTOLOGY NURSE PRACTITIONER (certified) with eligibility for prescriptive authority in Wisconsin
- ADULT HEALTH/MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING
- COMMUNITY/POPULATION HEALTH
for Marshfield site [Job ID 13415]
- ADULT HEALTH/MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
- PhD in nursing; doctoral degree in a related field with
a Master's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program; or a DNP from an accredited nursing program;
- Candidates near completion of a doctoral degree in nursing may be considered contingent on completion of the doctoral degree prior to the start of contract.
- Current RN licensure in the U.S. and eligibility for RN licensure in Wisconsin. RN license required by start of contract;
- Demonstrated experience and/or commitment to the core values of equity, diversity and inclusivity;
- For tenured positions need experience in teaching and an established record of scholarship
- Teaching experience in both undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Evidence of scholarly and/or research dissemination
The faculty role includes traditional classroom, clinical and/or online teaching/learning as well as other innovations in inter-professional education, cross-disciplinary initiatives, community collaborations, and distance education processes.
Other faculty duties include advising, performing research/scholarly activities, engaging in service, and participating in University Faculty governance through service on Department, College, and University committees.
To apply, please visit
To learn more about our needs see Video series aims to attract nurse educators to UW System
for Eau Claire site [Job ID 13416]
Full-time, instructional academic staff position is available in the Department of Nursing at the Eau Claire campus, with an emphasis in medical-surgical nursing for the 2018-2019 academic year. A start date of January 2018 is preferred. The official title is Clinical Instructor.
- Plan, implement and evaluate clinical learning experiences;
- Present lectures, conduct seminars and discussions;
- Prepare tests and record grades;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate classroom learning experiences. Submit written student performance evaluations for clinical courses;
- Participate in teaching activities related to course planning, progression, and evaluation;
- Participate in the delivery of courses via distance technology;
- Assist in skill lab, as needed.
- Master's degree is required from a regionally accredited institution;
- Wisconsin RN license at the time of hire;
- Appropriate and recent clinical experience.
Nursing Prelicensure Academic Success Coordinator
Job Details: The Nursing Department at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a full-time, instructional/professional academic staff position as a Prelicensure Academic Success Coordinator. This is an academic-year appointment with the possibility of a part-time summer appointment. Full details of the position are located at: https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/, Job ID #13670.
• Oversee early intervention support efforts for student success.
• Develop guidelines for early intervention support based on best practices.
• Manage the Peer Support Center.
• Support faculty tutoring.
• Collaborate with the University Career Center to support student resume writing, interviewing, and developing professional practices for job acquisition
25% Course Instruction
• Teach in the traditional BSN program (7 credit hours per academic year)
10% Coordinate Prelicensure Testing Success
• Support test taking success efforts
• Coordinate standardized testing process
• Coordinate special circumstance testing including but not limited to proctoring of students requiring test-taking accommodations due to English as a second language and disability concerns, taking required courses online at other campuses that require exam proctoring, etc.
• Communicate National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) requirements and updates
• Communicate with senior students at the Eau Claire campus and Marshfield Site regarding state licensure processes and requirements
5% Direct Prelicensure Academic Success Effort
• Supervise Marshfield based Prelicensure Academic Success Coordinator
• Manage Prelicensure Academic Success effort
5% Other Duties as Assigned
• Serve as unofficial member/consultant on Undergraduate Curriculum Committee(UGCC),
• Serve on the Student Affairs and Undergraduate Admissions Committee (SAUAC), and Assessment and Evaluation committee
• Also required are five years of experience teaching in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in working with a diverse community;
• Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets) and the Internet;
• Ability to delegate and prioritize work;
• Attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills;
• Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness and resourcefulness;
• Work independently and as part of a team environment on collaborative efforts.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Letter of application
- Copy of transcripts (official transcripts required prior to employment)
- Current CV
- Names and contact information for three references
- Copy of RN license (required only for tenure-track faculty positions)
To apply, please visit UW-Eau Claire Human Resources Job Openings page.
For process questions or for more information about these positions, please contact:
University Services Associate
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/
20% Instructional Academic Staff position at our Marshfield satellite
The primary responsibility of Instructional Academic staff/Clinical Instructor is to plan, implement, and evaluate clinical learning experiences. Other responsibilities may include:
1. Present lectures, conduct seminars and discussions.
2. Prepare tests and record grades.
3. Plan, implement, and evaluate classroom learning experiences. Submit written student performance evaluations for clinical courses.
4. Participate in teaching activities related to course planning, progression, and evaluation:
6. Assist in skills lab as needed.
1. Master’s Degree in Nursing
2. Wisconsin RN License at time of hire
Expected start date:
January 29, 2018
Please email your resume, cover letter, contact information for 3 references, transcripts, and evidence of RN licensure to Dr. Robin Beeman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions: (715) 830-7701.
Learn why nurse educators and researchers join the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Nursing and Health Sciences. It offers traditional and BSN-Completion programs, MSN and DNP programs. Our 800+ undergraduate and graduate students are engaged in collaborative learning in and out of the classroom, conduct research with faculty, and get hands-on experience through clinicals and immersion experiences. The College has a strong reputation of responding to community/state needs and is regularly involved in new initiatives, enhancing community connections, and promoting a diverse faculty and student body.More
Nita Johnson, UW-Eau Claire College of Nursing simulation lab coordinator and Dr. Cheryl Brandt, professor of nursing talk about the faculty to faculty, peer to peer work that goes into preparing to use the Simulation Lab for skills checkups and objective structured clinical examination.More
The Mary C. and Fred Bliss Fund for Nursing Faculty Professional Development
The Bliss fund for pre-tenured nursing faculty supports activities such
as research in nursing and health sciences, manuscript development,
faculty-student collaborative research projects, professional travel to
conferences and meetings for presenting papers, and other types of scholarly
Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!
Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.
NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.
If you want to apply for employment, please click here.