print header

Presentation/Publication Opportunities

*For graduate student presentation opportunities, please see the Graduate Students page.

Undergraduate students have many opportunities to present and share their scholarly project beyond the classroom setting. Get started here:

Present at UW-Eau Claire

Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA)
An annual spring week-long event where students can present their work as posters, oral presentations, or performances. All work is presented on the UW- Eau Claire campus. Students are able to share their research results and experiences with the campus and Eau Claire communities.

Students may also apply to share their research at the following UW-Eau Claire conferences, such as the Provost's Honors Symposium, Math Retreat, WiSys Quick Pitch, and Kaleidoscope of Nursing Scholarship conference.

Present at Student Research Conferences

UW-System Symposium
The UW System Symposium is designed to provide students the opportunity to present their research, scholarly, and creative projects through poster presentations, oral papers, visual art, displays, and performance art. Presentations take place at a designated UW-System university.

National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)

The National Conference on Undergraduate Research promotes undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. It is the largest symposium in the country, bringing together 2000 undergraduate students from all fields and disciplines. Students presenting at the National Conference will have the option of doing an oral or poster presentation.

Posters on the Hill
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) provides an annual undergraduate poster session on Capitol Hill. Approximately 60 students have the opportunity to share their research with members of Congress, federal funding agencies, and nearby foundations. This is a competitive event, but UW-Eau Claire students have been selected in the past.

How do I get funding for travel to present my research results?

Apply up to two times a year to help fund travel to present at a student research conference or professional meeting. Students may receive up to $700 for the first trip and a total of $1000 for the year. (deadline open)

TIP: Many professional societies offer travel funds for students (e.g., reduced conference registration fees). Check the conference/society website or contact ORSP for assistance.

Opportunities for Publication

See the list of journals available for undergraduate students to publish their research.

Student publications highlighted in CURQ

CUR Quarterly highlights student publications across the country every fall, spring, and summer. UWEC student citations can be found here.